Where do I Start?
If you are considering hiring an apprentice contact a Training Consultant from the MTCU - Apprenticeship Office (1-888-JOBGROW), to formalize the apprenticeship documents
For more information on Financial Incentives for employers hiring apprentices, check out Resources for Employers
What are the Programs and What do they Mean?
OntarioColleges.ca: an interactive website run by the Ontario College Application Services (OCAS) to provide program information, course offerings, locations, background information and applicant services to residents wanting to apply to college
- A good tool for employers looking for the colleges that offer programs that meet their hiring needs
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program: a post-secondary training option for job seekers looking to enter the skilled trades
- A great tool for employers seeking the schools that offer programs that will meet their hiring needs
- Pre-Apprenticeship courses are also offered by private career colleges at a fee; check out the list of approved Private Colleges in Ontario, here
- Some private colleges are exempt from the MTCU Private Career Colleges Act and must provide students with written notice about this exemption when offered acceptance to their programs: