NEWS | JUL 19 2021
General Carpenter Pre Apprenticeship Program For Youth
The Career Foundation’s General Carpenter Pre-Apprenticeship program is delivered in partnership with Mohawk College and the Carpenter’s Union Local 18. It is geared towards individuals between the ages of 18 and 29 who have an interest in pursuing a career in carpentry/construction.
Register TODAY https://careerfoundation.com/job-seeker-services/g...
NEWS | JUN 14 2021
Women Of Steel
The Women of Steel Introduction to Welding Program (IWP) is designed to support, inspire, and encourage young women with hands on training to spark an interest in the welding trade. This program is free for participants and will take place at the CWB Head Offices in Milton, Ontario. Daily activities include classroom and hands on training in the Advanced Welding and Training Center and topics covered will include wire fed welding process called Metal Core Arc Welding (MCAW) in addition to safety, basic hand tools, and cutting and grinding techniques.
- Are you a female and 18 – 25 years old?
- Are you from the Halton region or surrounding area?
- Are you willing to learn a new skill?
- Do you have an aptitude for working with your hands?
- Are you willing to commit to 5 days in class and shop training delivered in English?
- Do you have any prior practical knowledge of basic tools?
Main benefits of the program
- Daily hands on welding training with the flat and horizontal positions
- Welding ticket under CSA W47.1
- Daily health and safety training
- Fun horseshoe welding project
- Personal Protective Equipment including welding jacket, helmet and welding gloves will be provided at no cost
- Daily Giveaways
- Breakfast and Lunch provided
- Daily women guest speakers representing the welding industry
For further information on the program and registration, please visit www.cwbweldingfoundation.org/wos
NEWS | MAY 31 2021
Virtual Community Career Coaches 2021
This has been a tough year for everyone – and especially for young people who have experienced disruptions in their education, their extracurriculars, their work, and their ability to plan for the future. As a community, we can help. HIEC presents, Community Career Coaches – a community mentorship event open to everyone who is looking to connect with others for mentorship and inspiration.
Save the Date!
June 10th 2021, 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Register at HIEC.ca/ccc
NEWS | MAY 14 2021
CivicAction’s HireNext is a suite of free, and easy-to-use tools and resources built to attract and retain young, diverse talent.
Access our HR assessment, employer case studies, and a made-in-Canada guide that takes the guess work out of attracting young talent and creating a more diverse workplace.
NEWS | MAY 10 2021
Interested In A Career In Construction? New Free Training Opportunity
The Workforce Accelerator Generating Employment (W.A.G.E.) program will give you the skills and training you need to get a job in this quickly-growing sector.
• 16 week program, 19 hours per week • New sessions starting Summer 2021, Fall 2021 and Winter 2022
• Learn the latest techniques in concrete forming and production framing
• Get hands-on training in Mohawk College’s world-class facilities
Limited Space Available! This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
The program will offer 4 of the 10 courses required for the Mohawk Construction Techniques certificate:
• Concrete Forming and Finishing Techniques
• Production Framing Techniques • Workplace Safety
• Surveying and Layout CET Additional Program Supports:
• Employability skills webinars and training sessions
• Childcare subsidy and transportation assistance
• Association memberships, industry certifications, safety training and equipment purchases
• Assistance completing OCAS applications
If you are interested, check to see if you qualify by visiting: https://iechamilton.ca/wage/
NEWS | APR 21 2021
Glazier Pre Apprenticeship Program
Glazier Pre Apprenticeship Program Opportunity
- Starts May 31 2021 Monday to Thursday 8am to 3pm
- Ends August 14, 2021
The course will include Practical training and Theory training plus Health and Safety. Hand tools and PPE will be provided free.
Must have Grade 10 or GED equivalent.
On completion of this course, you will receive the basic level school portion certificate for the glazing apprenticeship.
The glazing apprenticeship is 8000 hours with three blocks of school (Basic/Intermediate/Advanced).
The program is taught at The Finishing Trade Institute Ontario, which is located at 130 Toro Road, Toronto.
Phone number is 416 635 7300 ex 154
Or e-mail email@example.com
Contact Mike Pentz
This video is what glaziers do .