NEWS | MAY 05 2021
Skills Ontario’s Guinness World Recordstm Attempt Event
You’re invited to help break a new Guinness World Record: Largest Online Video Chain of People Passing and Using a Screwdriver!
Skills Ontario’s GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSTM Attempt Event opens today, May 5 and runs until May 26! Our GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSTM Attempt Event has a focus on women in the trades but is a great opportunity for everyone and anyone, from students, apprentices, tradespeople and professionals, to family and friends, of any age to be involved in helping break this new record! Invite your friends, colleagues and network to join Skills Ontario in this opportunity!
All details can be found using the following links:
- Access the Educational Package & Attempt Guidelines: skillsontario.com/world-
- Learn the Video Submission Guidelines: youtube.com/watch?v=nwAK7sjs_
It is important that all the guidelines mentioned and included in the Educational Guide & Attempt Guidelines are followed, or they may not be accepted by the judges.
If, and when, the record is broken, it will be announced in early June.
We look forward to your submissions and breaking the record!
NEWS | APR 21 2021
Glazier Pre Apprenticeship Program
Glazier Pre Apprenticeship Program Opportunity
- Starts May 31 2021 Monday to Thursday 8am to 3pm
- Ends August 14, 2021
The course will include Practical training and Theory training plus Health and Safety. Hand tools and PPE will be provided free.
Must have Grade 10 or GED equivalent.
On completion of this course, you will receive the basic level school portion certificate for the glazing apprenticeship.
The glazing apprenticeship is 8000 hours with three blocks of school (Basic/Intermediate/Advanced).
The program is taught at The Finishing Trade Institute Ontario, which is located at 130 Toro Road, Toronto.
Phone number is 416 635 7300 ex 154
Or e-mail email@example.com
Contact Mike Pentz
This video is what glaziers do .
NEWS | APR 08 2021
Avenues To Apprenticeship
AVENUES TO APPRENTICESHIP
Access the training, support and job opportunities you need to break into the skilled trades.
Skilled Trades Career Education & Employment.
The Avenues to Apprenticeship Program includes:
- Pre-employment and job readiness training
- Relevant health and safety certifications
- Enhanced employer connections and job search support
- PPE, tool and equipment subsidies
Eligible participants will meet the following criteria:
- Living in the Halton, Hamilton and Niagara Regions
- Between the ages of 19-30
- Possesses a valid driver's licence and access to reliable transportation preferred
- Availability to participate in a weekly training program (some virtual and some self-directed)
- Availability to participate in a short-term work placement
- An interest in working in the skilled trades
REGISTER ONLINE AT https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYmZg1pQ...
NEWS | MAR 29 2021
Careers In Construction
Are you interested in a career in construction? Join us for this live career panel and Q&A to hear from current professionals in the construction industry who represent the wide variety of opportunities in this booming sector. April, 8th 2021 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM Virtual Event Register at: www.hiec.on.ca/construction/
NEWS | MAR 29 2021
Free! Math For The Construction Trade
Improve Your Skills. Improve Your Future.
We are currently offering remote assessment and classes via Zoom.
Contact us now for more information. Improve your;
- Numeracy skills to prepare for technical training
- Measurement & Conversions
- Perimeter, Area & Volume
- Using formulas
- Right-angle triangles
- Word problems using trades applications
*must be 19+ years of age and an Ontario resident, SIN required*
NEWS | OCT 27 2020
Job Talks Podcast
The JobTalks Podcast is a weekly show hosted by Dr. Jon Callegher, a professor and employment researcher. In this podcast, he interviews experts about skills, tips, and tricks that will help you get ahead in the workplace. If you want to become a real business professional, then Job Talks is for you.
For more info, please visit our website: https://www.jobtalks.ca/
Follow us on: LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/jobt.