Pathways to the Trades - Finish Carpentry - 8-week PAID Program For Youth Experiencing Financial Hardship
Humber College is offering an 8-week PAID program to help youth make a successful transition into the Finish Carpentry skilled trade. Participants will earn minimum wage to attend classes (30 hrs/week). If you’re exploring the trades and not sure what to pursue, this could be the program for you - whether you have completed high school or not.
We will even provide support to help you find a 12-week paid work placement following the training.
Please note: This program is designed to support youth (18-30 years old) who are currently unemployed, interested in exploring the trades, and are experiencing financial hardship.
This Program Is Funded By The Government of Canada.
Program Start Date: January 17, 2022
Seats are limited. Please apply now to avoid disappointment.
The program includes 30 hours of paid training per week, including 15 hours of trades exposure, 6 hours of academic upgrading, and 2 hours of employment preparation. You will also complete safety training and other relevant certifications including First Aid and Working at Heights.
Program Supports and Benefits
- Participants will earn minimum wage to attend classes (30 hrs/week)
- Additionally, they will earn a bonus for program & work completion
- They will also receive safety gear for in-class training as well as work placements
- Funding to assist participants with transportation & food costs
- Funding to assist with emergency costs - housing, health, legal, etc.
Please attend an information session to learn more.
REGISTER FOR AN INFORMATION SESSION HERE
VISIT OUR WEBSITE