The Women of Steel Introduction to Welding Program (IWP) is designed to support, inspire, and encourage young women with hands on training to spark an interest in the welding trade. This program is free for participants and will take place at the CWB Head Offices in Milton, Ontario. Daily activities include classroom and hands on training in the Advanced Welding and Training Center and topics covered will include wire fed welding process called Metal Core Arc Welding (MCAW) in addition to safety, basic hand tools, and cutting and grinding techniques.
- Are you a female and 18 – 25 years old?
- Are you from the Halton region or surrounding area?
- Are you willing to learn a new skill?
- Do you have an aptitude for working with your hands?
- Are you willing to commit to 5 days in class and shop training delivered in English?
- Do you have any prior practical knowledge of basic tools?
Main benefits of the program
- Daily hands on welding training with the flat and horizontal positions
- Welding ticket under CSA W47.1
- Daily health and safety training
- Fun horseshoe welding project
- Personal Protective Equipment including welding jacket, helmet and welding gloves will be provided at no cost
- Daily Giveaways
- Breakfast and Lunch provided
- Daily women guest speakers representing the welding industry
For further information on the program and registration, please visit www.cwbweldingfoundation.org/wos