HALTON INDUSTRY EDUCATION COUNCIL / ApprenticeSearch.com
Last Updated: July 16, 2014
The online services offered by the Halton Industry Education Council ("HIEC", "we" or "us") include those offered through the HIEC Websites (which term includes www.hiec.on.ca, www.apprenticesearch.com, www.employerregistry.ca and any and all other HIEC branded URLs which may be used by us from time to time and all components thereof) and all services offered now or in the future by HIEC, on or through the HIEC Websites (collectively, the "Services", which term also includes access to and use of the HIEC Websites generally).
In consideration of your use of the Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are: (i) of legal age to form a binding agreement, which in the Province of Ontario is 18 years of age or (ii) your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) is aware of your intention to agree to this Agreement and has given you their consent to do so; (b) you are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws and regulations of Ontario, Canada and/or other applicable jurisdictions; and (c) you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted and you will maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. HIEC has the right to refuse, suspend or terminate your account and/or to refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof) if you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or HIEC has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete. Use of the Services and registration is void where prohibited.
Right to Access and Use / Proprietary Rights
You agree to use the Services and the Content for lawful purposes only and in a manner consistent with all applicable local, national or international laws and regulations. The Services shall not be used where, and to any extent, such use is prohibited by law. Your use of the Services from any location is subject to your compliance with all applicable laws and regulations that may be applicable to you. You agree, and confirm, that your use of the Services is in full compliance with the laws of the jurisdiction(s) to which you are subject, and that you are not prohibited from using the Services due to any restriction whatsoever.
HIEC grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read, download and print the data, images, graphics, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and written and other materials available through the Services (the “Content”) solely and exclusively for your personal and private, non-commercial use. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, copy or use the Content or the Services, in whole or in part, for public or commercial purposes, without the express written permission of HIEC.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that content and information (with the exception of your name, phone number and other similar personal information) posted or otherwise provided by you as part of your access to and/or use of the Services, is and shall become owned by HIEC immediately and automatically upon the posting/providing of such consent and/or information on an HIEC Website or otherwise to HIEC, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, industrial secret, and other laws). To the extent that ownership of such content and/or information cannot be assigned or transferred, you hereby grant HIEC a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual worldwide license to use any and all intellectual property and/or other content and materials posted or otherwise provided by you as part of your access to and/or use of the Services. You also hereby completely and unconditionally waive in whole, any and all moral rights in, or associated with all content sand information posted or otherwise provided by you as part of your access to and/or use of the Services.
The Services may include hypertext links to other web sites solely for the purpose of helping you identify and locate other sources of information that may be of interest. Any such links do not imply any endorsement of (including that HIEC has reviewed such sites) or association with such third party web sites and HIEC is not responsible for such third party web sites or the information contained on such third party web sites. Use of third party web sites is entirely at your sole discretion and risk.
You may not create links from other web sites to this Site without the prior written consent of HIEC. Any copying, republication or redistribution of the Services or the Content, in whole or in part, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of HIEC.
Privacy and Collection & Use of Personal Information
Passwords & Security
When you register as part of the Services, you will be asked to choose a login name and password. You are solely and entirely responsible for any and all use of your account and for maintaining the confidentiality of your login name and password. You agree to not use the account, login name or password of another registered user at any time and to not disclose your password to any third party and agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password.
You may terminate your registered account at any time, for any reason, by providing HIEC with thirty (30) days advanced notice of your desire to do so. Such notice may be given via email. Your account shall be deemed cancelled upon confirmation of receipt of your cancellation notice. If you are dissatisfied with the Services, the Content and/or your use thereof, or with any of the terms, conditions, guidelines, practices or policies of HIEC in operating the Services, you agree that your sole and exclusive remedy shall be to discontinue using the Services.
Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to: (i) criminal, tortious or other unlawful activity, activity encouraging or facilitating criminal, tortious or other unlawful activity; (ii) activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network; (iii) any automated use of the Services, including but not limited to Maillist, Listserv or any other auto-response software or program; using the account, login name or password of another user at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account; selling or otherwise transferring any of the Services.
YOU AGREE THAT THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND ARE FOR YOUR PERSONAL, PRIVATE USE ONLY WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER. HIEC, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR ANY THIRD PARTY INFORMATION AND/OR WHETHER THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS. THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED BY USERS ARE THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL SHARING SUCH VIEWS AND OPINIONS AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF HIEC OR ITS OTHER STAFF OR VOLUNTEERS. HIEC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICES OR ANY USER OF THE INTERNET IN GENERAL.
IN NO EVENT SHALL HIEC OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HARM, INJURY, COST, EXPENSE OR OTHER LOSSES OR ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER (WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, EQUITY, STRICT LIABILITY, PATENT OR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY) RESULTING FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO MAKE USE OF, THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN ANY CONNECTION WITH: (I) THE TRANSMISSION OR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT FROM THE SERVICES OR SUBMISSIONS/POSTINGS TO THE SERVICES; OR (II) ANY LOST FILES, DATA OR INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY YOU) OR THE USE OF, OR YOUR RELIANCE ON, ANY CONTENT, ADVICE, RECOMMENDATIONS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON/IN OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED TROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT HIEC IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR OUGHT TO HAVE REASONABLY KNOWN OF THE POTENTIAL FOR SUCH DAMAGES.
Location and Law
All notices and communications by or to you shall be in writing and shall be made via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the e-mail address that you may provide to HIEC in connection with your use of the Services, as applicable. Either party may revise its contact information by sending the other a new/corrected email address to the address specified in the preceding sentence. Notwithstanding the foregoing, HIEC may also post notices or communications, or other matters of importance, on the Services; and you agree that such posts shall constitute notice to you whether or not you actually access the notice/communication via the Services. Notice by e-mail or posting on the Services shall be deemed given forty-eight (48) hours after the e-mail is sent or posted, unless in the case of e-mail the sending party is notified that the e-mail address is invalid.
Please CONTACT US
if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this Agreement.
Updated: July 16, 2014
Doing business with the Halton Industry Education Council ("HIEC", "we" or "us") and using the "HIEC Websites" (which term includes www.hiec.on.ca, www.apprenticesearch.com, www.employerregistry.ca any and all other HIEC branded URLs which may be used by us from time to time and all components thereof) involves providing information about yourself. We take your privacy very seriously – and you have control over how your information is collected, used and disclosed by us.
We also recognize that the growth of on-line services, including Internet services, has created additional privacy concerns, particularly for consumers. HIEC maintains strict privacy policies in an effort to safeguard personally identifiable information (“PII”) and communications from unauthorized intrusions. Online privacy concerns focus primarily on the protection of PII which an individual or other customer reasonably expects to be kept private. As the term suggests, PII is information that, when associated with an individual identifies that individual, for example, a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or credit card number.
The online services offered by HIEC include those offered through the HIEC Websites (and all components thereof) and all services offered now or in the future by HIEC, on or through the HIEC Websites (collectively, the "Services").
Information Collection and Use
• When you create an account and/or otherwise use the Services, we require certain information, including but not necessarily limited to your name, phone number and email address.
• We may automatically receive and record non-PII (i.e. information that does not identify you personally) on HIEC Website server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. (User IP addresses may be recorded for security and monitoring purposes.)
• We may use information for the following general purposes:
o to fulfill your requests for certain services, information and/or materials; and
o to protect you and/or HIEC from error, fraud and unauthorized access to and/or use of the Services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure by HIEC
• HIEC will not share PII about you to other companies or people except when:
o we have your consent to share the information;
o we need to share the information with individuals and/or companies who work with and/or on behalf of HIEC to provide services to you;
o we reasonably believe it is necessary to share PII:
• to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or
• for risk management purposes;
o we are required to disclose PII by reasons of a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others, or
o to establish or exercise HIEC's legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Cookies and Usage Data
• When you access the Internet, the computers that host websites you visit (“web servers”) automatically receive some anonymous information. This “usage data” may include a record of which pages a web browser has visited. The Website's servers receive usage data when users visit the Website and possibly when users visit other sites as well. HIEC and its advertisers may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use.
• Small files called “cookies” may be attached to your Web browser and your computer. You may be able to configure your browser to accept or block all or some cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Note: Disabling cookies may mean that we won't be able provide certain services, which may be of use to you.
• HIEC may also use "web beacons" to access HIEC's cookies inside and outside the HIEC Websites and in connection with the Services.
Links & Third Party Applications
• HIEC may provide, and the HIEC Websites may contain links to other websites. Although we strive to only link to websites that share HIEC's high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or practices employed by other websites or parties.
• Third party applications (such as widgets) created by third party developers may also be available on the HIEC Websites. Third party applications are small bits of software, often with interactivity, that can be installed into profiles or shared with other Users. HIEC does not control third party developers and cannot dictate their actions. When you engage with a third party application, you are interacting with the third party developer, not with HIEC. We strongly encourage you to not provide PII to any third party unless you know the third party with whom you are interacting.
• If you go to another web site, including an advertiser’s web site (for example by clicking on an advertisement), or request information or enter a contest, be aware that you may be authorizing another company, including an advertising company, to use information you supply. An advertiser's collection and use of information is subject to its own privacy policies, not this one.
Editing and Deleting Information
• You have the right to access, verify and update your PII at any time, including whether you want HIEC to contact you about specials and new services. You may modify or remove any of your PII (except for your name) at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
• HIEC honours requests from users to review all PII maintained in reasonably retrievable form, and will correct any such information which may be inaccurate. You may also verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
Confidentiality and Security
• We have safeguards to protect your PII and we use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard PII in HIEC’s possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
• In addition, HIEC uses reasonable methods to make sure that PII is accurate, up-to-date and appropriately complete.
• In order to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under HIEC's control, HIEC's database resides behind firewalls.
• We limit access to PII about you to people who, as part of their job, we believe need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you.
• Despite HIEC's high standards, no claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstances or its resilience to future attacks.
• In the event that you believe that your personal safety is at risk or if you believe that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, provincial or local law enforcement agencies directly.
• HIEC will inform you of any changes we make by sending a notice to you via email and/or by posting an announcement on the HIEC Websites (as applicable).
Questions or Suggestions
• If you have questions, concerns or suggestions about HIEC, the HIEC Websites or any HIEC services, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless you accept the terms and conditions to use the site, you will be unable to proceed further